How can you make a difference?
The GLA General Fund supports the ongoing operational expenses of the nonprofit organization such as:
- General Operations
- Boat Wash
- Swimmer’s Itch
- Discovery Boat
- Endangered/ Invasive Species
- Water Quality
Established for non-recurring expenses of the Glen Lake Association, contributions help with:
- Scientific testing for invasive species control
- Unforeseen watershed protection issues
- Special programming initiatives
The association by-laws allow the board of directors to borrow from this fund for special initiatives or emergencies. All borrowed monies from the Protection Fund are paid back in a timely fashion.
The Endowment Fund and Legends Initiative have been created for the long-term financial stability of the organization. As a permanent endowment held by the Grand Traverse Regional Community Foundation, this GLA fund has a goal of $1 million.
The Endowment Fund:
- Is managed by profession investment advisors
- Is audited annually by CPAs
- Allows Michigan residents an income tax credit of up to $400
- Gifts must be directed to the GT Regional Community Foundation/ Glen Lake Association