To: Glen Lake Association Members
From: Peter Anderson, President, GLA
Re: Possible “Air Walk” on south side of Big Glen: Update to 12/31/13 email blast
To update the GLA membership, please review:
1) 1/16/14 letter to the Leelanau Enterprise Editor by Susan Yamasaki, “Eco-Tourist Park Development Not Good for Lakeshore“
2) 1/19/14 article by Michelle Merlin in the Traverse City Record Eagle, “Man Plans Canopy Walkway Through the Trees“
3) 1/23/14 letter to the Leelanau Enterprise Editor by Brad and Cindy Dyksterhouse, “Air Walk Project Would Have Negative Impact“
4) 150 foot spiral metal air walk tower
Our purpose remains:
1) To notify GLA membership of this possible development, and seek and tally membership opinions. Please let us know via email and note how many family members your opinion represents.
2) Suggest the membership, and particularly Kasson Township property owners, communicate opinions to Kasson Township officials and zoning board directly:
Clerk Traci Cruz: email@example.com
Supervisor Fred Lanham: PO Box 62, Maple City, Michigan 49664
Zoning Administrator Mike Lanham: firstname.lastname@example.org
To date, all responses view this negatively as strictly a commercial enterprise with major ecological/environmental repercussions to the watershed. We will continue to update the membership as additional information becomes available.
Please provide us your email address(es), if you have not done so, to facilitate further communication. Please forward this information to those you deem appropriate, as well.
Filed under: Uncategorized